Monday, January 21, 2013

In Celebration of the Believers and Peacemakers:

In Celebration of the Believers and Peacemakers:
My 2013 Inaugural Prayer for the World
Beloveds---
I Breathe Deeply Ten Times.
With each breath my mind and heart
become aligned with thoughts of peace.
I stand with the Believers, and Peacemakers. 
 
Some are known and celebrated,
others have been forgotten in Time.
Nobel Prize Winners
Frank B. Kellogg (1929)
Ralphe Bunche (1950), Dag Hammarskjold (1961),
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (1964),
Henry Kissinger and Le Duc Tho (1973),
Mohamed Anwar Al Sadat and Menachem Begin (1978),
Mother Teresa (1979),
 
Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama (1989),
Aung San Suu Kyi (1991),
Rigoberta Menchu (1992),
Nelson Mandela and Frederik Willem de Klerk (1993),
Jimmy Carter (2002),
Shirin Ebadi (2003), Wangari Muta Maathai (2004)
Al Gore (2007), Martti Ahtisaari (2008),
and the list goes on until today
with great women and men working
for economic and educational equity,
human rights and peace.
I Breathe deeply and remembering the names,
I pray that President Barack Obama will stand
with All his Nobel Prize brothers and sisters
and use his influence as a strong voice
to help ignite the Heart of Peace
so that there may be less suffering
in the United States and the world.
I Breathe.
Honoring every unsung hero throughout time,
I pray that Every Child may dream a Good dream,
and have it realized in Love.
The way forward for the United States
lies the difficulty of facing economic,
educational and the social inequality
perpetuated by racism.
We must support President Barack Obama.
Today we ALL must heed the Call
for strong environmental and social justice programs
designed to promote economic stability
and educational excellence
and honor religious freedom and the diversity of cultures
as well as to eleviate poverty, violence and war world-wide.
I Breathe Deeply.
Today, I open my heart to support
with my thoughts, words and actions
the Dream of a Peaceful, Loving World
where All walk with dignity and are respected
as Children who prosper in the Knowingness
of LOVE!
(c) Rev. Melony McGant
21 January, 2013

No comments: