Wednesday, December 22, 2021

To Be Young Gifted and Black!


To Be Young Gifted and Black!

Beautiful People, 

When I look at this photo from my senior year (1972)  at Our Lady of Mercy Academy, I am reminded that I have always been unique, rebellious and followed my own drummer.

Muthoni was a name given to me by a family friend from Kenya. He told me it meant kind, comforting woman.  I think that is what he thought I would become, not who I  was at the time.  

To my younger self I would say...

You Are Amazing, Brilliant and Compassionate. Develop in Goodness. Listen Deeply, Live with Joy and ReMember to Breathe!

This Holiday Season, I Am Grateful for every experience (good or bad) that has made Me Who I Am today!

What Are You Grateful For?  What Would You Say to Your Younger Self?

Happy Holidays of Grace! 💫💥💫

Always, Melony 💫💜💫
aka Miss Mellie Rainbow 🎊

#Compassionate  #JoySpirit #ListenDeeply #Memories #YoungGiftedAndBlack

No comments: