Friday, June 25, 2021

From the Vault of Beautiful Memories in Paris...


From the Vault of Beautiful Memories in Paris...

Melony & Brian Scott Bagley walking in the steps of Josephine Baker, James Baldwin, Langston Hughes, Richard Wright and other greats!

Beautiful People, 

I will never forget the day Brian Scott Bagley picked me up at Le Pigalle,  my hotel in Montmartre, Paris. I had met him through the cultural icon, #LarryVickers who generously guided my stay with his time and wisdom.

Brian was dressed in a white suit and reminded me of a debonair artist ready to spread joy! And in fact, that is who he is!

We were going on a pilgrimage to the Le VΓ©sinet a Parisian suburb to the mansion where Josephine Baker had once lived. 

I was exuberant because somehow I knew that the creative, daring spirit of the iconic Josephine Baker lived in Brian, just as her humanitarian spirit lived in me. Visiting her home was a Blessed remembering. 

We returned to Paris and walked where she, James Baldwin, Langston Hughes, Richard Wright and other greats had walked and visited cafes where they had met.

Aaah, the beautiful memories live in me still.  I have so much more to learn about these creative iconic visionaries who spoke the truth, wrote their truths and Lived Their Truth. 

They had a Brilliance, Courage, Wisdom We Are Still Learning!

Thank You @brianscottbagley  and King @vickers_larry for showing me your hearts and the magnificence of Pais.

Always, Melony πŸ‘‘πŸ’–πŸ‘‘
aka Miss Mellie Rainbow 

Photo by #BrianScottBagley 

#JosephineBakersParis
#JamesBaldwin
#LangstonHughes
##RichardWright
#LeVesinetCentre

No comments: