Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In Puerto Vieja, Costa Rica

Beloved Family,

Though I am traveling alone,
our Creator introduces me to Angels
everywhere here in Puerto Vieja Costa Rica.

Humbled and awed I awaken
to the song of birds and a
hummingbird comes to the window
joyfully beckoning me
to begin the day with a thank you.

Outside a crab digs a hole in the ground
to remind me of the beauty
and necessity of solitude.

I have been embraced
and nurtured by ocean waves,
exfoliated in sand,
and revigorated by the sun.

Gratitude fills my heart
as I am guided to meet
the right people who open
their hearts.

Ashton, born and raised in Limon
says he feels that I am family
and tells me a story of
an indigenous healer medicine man
who is joyful and living in service
though much of his family's land
has been stolen.

He arranged for his friend Harry to take me
far in the hills of the rainforest
for a visit to the medicine man so that
I could learn something of healing plants.

Though Herry looks of deep African descent,
he was born in Puerto Viejo and his parents
were born in Nicaragua.

Herry acted as a translator for the medicine man
who told me that as long as I believe
in our Blessed Creator,
a path will be made for me
to assist others with joy.
His words and energy are
my affirmation of love.

Later as I was walking
through the small town
butterflies circled me
as people greeted me warmly
and said Pura Vida.

Heavy rains comes at night
and shake the ocean floor
as well as any sorrow
resting in my heart.

I have felt my tears joining
the rain in the wee hours
of the morning
and offered prayers with love
for all those in need of healing.

I am like the crab
finding refuge in the brown dirt,
the squirrel gathering
food for thought
and the ginger flower
preparing to blossom.

In solitude I have been given
new hope and in my dreams
I met peace...

Today I will visit an animal refuge
and say hello to the jaguars.

Always, Melony

No comments: