Friday, September 13, 2013

The Very FIRST Civil Rights Foot Soldiers Memorial


 

Many of you know My Mom, Betty J. Tilman who lives in Pittsburgh, PA.  She is one of those who has worked tireless for equality and civil rights for All Citizens here in the United States, and throughout the World.  She instilled in me the value of Hope and Love for All People.  She nurtured my Dream Spirit and with Betty J. Tilman,  I attended the March on Washington on August 28th, 1963.  
 
50 years later, in Annapolis Maryland,  the Very FIRST Civil Rights Foot Soldiers Memorial has been erected.   Mr. Carl Snowden and the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Committee invited me to give the Invocation at the official unveiling.  I was filled with  humility and gratitude to be a part of this Beautiful Memorial honoring the 250,000 Dreamer Civil Rights Foot Soldiers. 
I invite All of You to join me in Honoring the 250,000 Dreamer Civil Rights Foot Soldiers who participated in the March On Washington 50 years ago! $30,000 is needed to complete payment for the Civil Rights Foot Soldier Memorial unveiled in Annapolis, Maryland.

For Contributions Online: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/honoring-those-who-believed-in-the-dream--4 — in Annapolis, MD
 
 
Financial Contributions by Check may be mailed to: 
 
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Committee, Inc.  
P.O. Box 371
Annapolis, MD
21404 
 
Please contribute whatever you are able! 
 
With Hope and Love For All Dreamers, Melony


 

No comments: