Sunday, May 11, 2014

Celebrating Our Mothers As Queens


Beloveds---
Most of my life I've had to share My Mother.  I shared her with great grandparents and grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins and so many, many other people.  Often they were people of different races, religions, and cultures; with languages I didn't (and sometimes still don't) understand.

 People from Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and yes, even North America took to Her Love Like white on rice, red on apples, yellow on bananas, and green on tree leaves.

Over the years that I have known her, I have discovered that countless numbers throughout the World called her a Dear Friend and named her Godmother or Aunt to their Children.

There were many times I felt left behind.  I often was. When she marched for Civil Rights in the segregated states, she left her young, willful, outspoken daughter in the safety of family friends.  When she bicycled miles and miles with the Peace and Freedom Movement or went off to study Transcendental Meditation, my thought was "What About Me?"

The Truth Is--- My Mother has and does use her energy, her voice and resources for equal rights for Me and All People of all cultures, race and religions.

There is Miss Betty, Aunt Betty, Lady Betty, and Mom Betty but in the Castle of My Heart, she will always be the ONE who gave ME, her daughter the opportunity to Grow with Wisdom, to Shine with Confidence and Learn to Love beyond my imagination. 

My Mother Will Always Be My Queen!

Today and Every Day, Let Us Celebrate, and Honor Every Mother With Our Respect and Love!
  

No comments: