Sunday, December 29, 2019

Dearest Chaz Dobbs,Happy New B'Earth Year of Continuing Grace!

Dearest Chaz Dobbs,

Happy New B'Earth Year of Continuing Grace!

I have been blessed to share a special friendship with your Mom and your Dad (Gayle and Chuckie Dobbs).  Their friendship allowed me the gift of knowing You and  Husn, your big brother and friend!  

I remember when you were preparing to graduate from highschool I visited Atlanta.  You and Husn teased me and made fun of my wig. Oh how we laughed! 

You made me listen over and over to the Fugees who had sampled Roberta Flack. You kept turning it up louder and louder. "Can you hear the bass?" you asked. 

We talked about careers and I told you because of your love of music and sound,  it seemed like you might want to explore sound engineering.

The next year I moved to Santa Fe and you went to Full Sail in Orlando to study sound engineering.   

While there you sent me a poem you had written.  I loved the poem so much that with your permission, I used it in my play "Love Like You've Never Been Hurt".  

Later, I put it in my book "Sunshine & Olivier".  Guess where I got the title?  And now we have the 20th Anniversary Edition and the screenplay for the movie is in the works!

I have always been amazed that you met and fell in love with Piper Sunshine because you wrote about her before you met.  It was if your Soul was calling for her!  And today you share a beautiful Life with many Wonderful Children! 

You are also a Sound Engineer at the Blue in Hawaii! BRAVO!

Congratulations on Living Your Great Destiny!  Happy 42th Birthday of Good Purpose and Love!

Here is a copy of your poem/song My Sunshine... 

Much Love Always, 
Your GodMother, Melony  

"My Sunshine…
Everyday I open my eyes
hoping to see my sunshine rise.

Baby if I had your love
Everything would be alright.

Sunshine you brighter up my day
by keeping the stormy rains away.

If you knew what your love did to me, You would shine more my way.

Said you’re the light of my life,
So please don’t turn it off.

Sunshine you are everything
Cause it’s you that makes the birds sing.

The heat from the heart of you
brings that warming thought,
that thought of you.
Sunshine You Are The Light Of My Life…" written by Chaz Dobbs (Charles Dobbs, III) at age 19!

No comments: