Tuesday, December 19, 2017

MOM Betty J. Tilman, Happy New B'Earth Year of Continuing Grace!

MOM Betty J. Tilman, Happy New B'Earth Year of Continuing Grace!

Beautiful People, 

One of the most important lessons I have learned from My Precious MOM Betty J. Tilman is that A
cceptance, Generosity of Spirit and Truth shared gently provides a us with the Gift of Longevity and Loyalty in our relationships with others. 

Please Join Me In Celebrating MOM Betty and Wishing Her a Happy New B'Earth Year of Continuing Grace!  She is 84 Years Young on December 20th, 2017.

Many of you know that Mom Betty calls me a "doting daughter". In fact, I am sending this note knowing that I may incur her strong words.   I Will Love Her Anyway!  She has repeatedly written and asked me to stop writing about her because  "She Is Not a Braggard!"  And no she isn't!  But if we don't share our stories who will?   

Recently I received a message on Facebook from a young man who knew her many years ago. 
As I share it with you, I am beaming with Joy! 

"Dear Ms McGant. Recently I strolled down my personal memory lane. For some moments I relived the weeks I spent in Pittsburgh back in 1976. I was fresh out of high school in Denmark, had just lost my father - but was firm in my self confidence that I should go and conquer the World. 

I got a scholarship as an undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh - which at that time was a scaringly different place from my safe, quiet hometown in Denmark.  I suddenly felt small, unsignificant, insecure. 

But fortunately I ran into a wonderful African American woman by the name of Betty Tilman.She did all she could to make me feel comfortable in that huge city - and I never got a chance to thank her. 

Thanks to google I think I might have found her - or, at least, her daugther. If your Mother is still alive today, please, bring her my warmest gratitude. I will never forget her. 

As it turned out, in the end I left Pittsburgh for California and later graduated as a journalist and have had a wonderful life. 

Best regards to you from Niels (at that time with the last name Smidt-Jensen) Niels Burgos Garzon."

MOM Betty J. Tilman...
Happy New B'Earth Year of Continuing Grace!

Much Love, Melony
 Photo:
1. Daniel Soneberg (Summer King: Josh Gibson Opera Composer), MOM Betty J. Tilman(Founder, Good Neighbor Project Committee GNPC)  and Opera Diva, Denyce Graves at GNPC Reception at the Benedum in Pittsburgh, PA.

No comments: