Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Melony Turning 61--My New B’Earth Year Reflection!

Beloveds,

Let Us All Breathe Deeply and Exhale Slowly Ten Times.  


In Gratitude and Love!  Out Gratitude and Love.  In Gratitude and Love. Out Gratitude and Love...  

In this Lifetime, I came to the Earth section of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 4:28am on October 22nd in the year of 1954. Though I come from Eternity and will return to Eternity, in Earth time, I will soon be 61 years old.

Today,  and Every Day---I Thank the Creator for the opportunity to learn, grow and serve. I dedicate every day to My Precious Mother who birthed me, guided me, nurtured and Loves me.   I invite you in joining me in celebrating My Mom, Betty J. Tilman.

Here are the feelings and words of my Heart for My Mother.   Maybe you will share your memories with your Mother or with others who have Inspired YOU!


Dear Mom--I feel so privileged to have you as a Mother and to have journeyed with you in this lifetime. Looking back on this almost 61 years on Earth/Heart, my life has been one of learning, adventure and more Joy than I thought imaginable. 

From the Dr. Seuss days of “Green Eggs and Ham” and the rhyming poetry of Paul Laurence Dunbar, to my rebellious teenage years where I sought solace in everything "Black" from Ebony and Jet Magazine, to the poetry of Langston Hughes, Sojourner Truth and Gwendolyn Brooks, as well as the writing and film making of Gordon Parks, the music of Roberta Flack, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Ashford and Simpson and so many and much more--- to my rocky mistakes and disillusionment of young adulthood-You Exposed Me to the Best! 

Sometimes I was fearful.  You pushed and pushed and told me that I had a right to walk any path I choose in the World.  So often I felt that I was not good enough and unworthy of these great gifts. People whispered behind your back and made fun of me when I articulated with my extensive vocabulary.  They said I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

Looking back, it was funny how some of the relatives and community associates or so called friends looked for ways to undermine your authority and convince me to go right when I should have gone left. What I thought I wanted was to be "normal". I didn't understand that being different and unique was a Great Gift. 

Though I tried to run away from all you had taught me, it was so imprinted in my mind and my heart and my Soul that the further I ran, the closer I came to it.
  
In 1970 you sent me to West Africa by way of Europe for a few months. Today travel is like eating chocolate. I Love it! Travel has helped me become a person who respects, and learns from people of all different cultures and religions. I honor all Faith traditions and continue to explore the Divine Essence of MotherFatherG-D through Love.

I look at myself now and know that I am a product of Your Magnificent Efforts!   Thank You for All You have done for me. Your Goodness Inspires Me. 

Your Toughness has helped me learn how to survive in a World that would say "Who do you think You Are?", Instead of "How Can I Help??". 

Thank You for teaching me to say "YES I Can" from the time I was a child--- long before the campaign days of President Barack Obama. 

Thank You for the square dancing and swimming at the YWCA, dance and drama at the Pittsburgh Playhouse, camp in Maine at Blueberry Cove, and studying musical instruments like the violin and recorder. I never did master either but at least I love music! 

Thank You introducing me to Khalil Gibran, Shirley Chisholm, Harry Belafonte, Katherine Dunham, Maya Angelou, Barbara Jordan, Jomo Kenyatta, members of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela and so many Heroines and Heroes who have walked this Earth, un-named here, but never forgotten.

Thank You for teaching me to walk with Integrity, to use my voice for positive change, and to Love and support others on their life journeys.

Betty J. Tilman, I feel so privileged to have you as a Mother and to have journeyed with you in this lifetime. Looking back on this almost 61 years on Earth/Heart, my life has been one of learning, adventure and more Joy than I thought imaginable.   

I have so much left to do. So Many creative projects to complete.  So Much to SHARE.  For the journey, I carry your wisdom and Love in my heart as I Move Forward.
  
I Am Humbled with Love; Grateful and Happy to Be Your Daughter! 
 
Melony 
Peace is Possible through Compassion, Forgiveness, Integrity, Kindness, Mercy and Abiding Love!

No comments: